Our Flower & Gift Shop
What to Expect when arranging a Cremation:
One of the first things our Certified Cremationist will do is to provide you with our general price list. He or she will then guide you through the entire process. This is not a one-way conversation; we want to hear your ideas and desires, and use them to serve you in the best way possible.
This process may include:
- Preparing and filing the official death certificate
- Scheduling the location, date and time of services or events
- Selecting a casket, urn or other items
- Preparing an obituary notice
You may also sign necessary authorizations or make arrangements to have them signed by the appropriate family members.
We’d like you to bring any photos, a favorite song, or memorabilia so that you and your arranger can better discuss how you would like your loved one to be remembered if a Memorial Service is planned. Having these items, and knowing their favorite songs, places or hobbies will help us create a truly fitting memorial service.
Our professional staff can assist you in planning a loving tribute that captures the spirit of the person whose life you wish to honor.
The following checklist will help you remember what information about the decedent and items will be needed when meeting with us.
- Full legal name- Home address
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Father's name
- Mother's maiden name
- Veteran's discharge papers (DD-214)
- Recent Photograph
- Highest education
- Place of burial (if applicable)
- Clergy name and phone number
- Survivors (name and relationship)
- Insurance policies (if applicable)