In October of 2014, Sax-Tiedemann Funeral Home celebrated our 90th Anniversary. First incorporated in 1924 by Maurice Sax and Peter Thomas Tiedemann we were originally located on the corner of Franklin Avenue and Atlantic Street in Franklin Park. The business moved across the street in 1928. A year later, Mr. Tiedemann bought the shares owned by Mr. Sax and became the sole proprietor of Sax-Tiedemann Funeral Home.
Today, Sax-Tiedemann Funeral Home reflects a vastly different appearance. The only traces of the original structure are seen in the middle portion of the funeral home. We moved to our present location of 9568 Belmont Avenue in 1936. While the funeral home has changed in appearance, Sax-Tiedemann continues to maintain its professional service into it’s third generation of family service that has been a hallmark of our existence from the beginning.